Best Silicone Baking Mats In 2020 – Reviews and FAQs
We all want to get to the kitchen, bake, and walk out without too many struggles. You see, dough is one of the most stubborn ingredients in the kitchen and so you want something to contain it. Traditionally, people used to roll the dough over parchment papers. Though it worked to some extent, the mixture still had the nagging habit of sticking on the paper.
We have dedicated this post to finding the best silicone baking mat.
List of the Best Silicone Baking Mats in 2020
10. Pastry Mat Silicone Non-Slip
One of the most unique and exciting features about them is the fiberglass core. If you ever doubted this pastry mat silicone non-slip, then the fiberglass core should give you enough reasons to dump the parchment paper.
What is more, the fiberglass mesh works simultaneously with the silicone to provide uninterrupted heat distribution. On the other hand, the silicon mat is also heat resistant and can withstand low temperatures of up to -40 degrees. Moreover, silicone design makes the cleaning process easy. The leftover doughs smoothly glide over the glossy mat and into your trash bucket.
Equally important to note is that the pastry mat silicone non-slip comes with a foolproof size guide.
- The mat is heat resistant
- The silicone baking mat doesn’t retain any food smell
- You can easily store it. Just roll it up, or lie flat in the drawer
- You could land on some that do not last long. The mats keep tearing in the middle after just a few days of using.
9. Silicone Baking Mat – Set of 3 Half Sheet
The silicone baking mat with a set of three half-sheet provides us with another new dimension of these mats. You don’t just get one or two mats, but three of them at an affordable rate. What is more appealing about these glossy mats is the fiberglass they are made of. The fiberglass is coated with silicon to offer the much-needed flexibility and offer a non-stick surface.
Additionally, you don’t need fat for baking, thus making your food cholesterol-free. After all the hassles of cooking, you may get worried about how to get rid of the burnt sugar and used fat. Relax, you don’t need to scrub. The leftovers simply fall off on their own.
- It comes with a set of three mats
- The mat can withstand all temperatures from -40 to 480 degrees
- An affordable price
- The silicone mats have a dull color
- Over time, they get severely damaged by burnt sugar and fat.
8. Rozotti Silicone Baking Mat Bundle (6-Piece Set)
The Rozotti silicon mat is a complete cooking and baking set. It is multipurpose cookware that has two silicone cooking sheets, a cleaning brush, and a silicone spoon. What more else do you need to add to these sets? Nothing, you just need to roll tour sleeves and start your cooking.
Another fantastic addition to this cooking set is the silicone baking mat. The mat is not only flexible, long-lasting, and durable, but also non-stick. It, therefore, means that you can do your cooking without adding any fats or oil. Consequently, you end up with crunchy food that is not only cholesterol-free but also healthy for the whole family
What else do you need to know about this baking mat? Each of the silicone baking sheets and utensils is non-stick and wholly reusable. Did we mention about them being heat resistant? Well, they can withstand high temperatures.
- Heat resilient mats
- The silicon mats are longer lasting
- You can easily clean them
- You may get some that permanently stains up easily
7. Silicone Baking Mat – Set of 2 Half Sheet
The mat comes with two silicone baking mats. Do the mats offer the right size for your pans? Definitely yes. You can use the mats to line your half-sized pans. Alternatively, you have the option of combining the two pans if what you are using is a standard pan.
Is the food quality a significant concern for you? Well, food grade is a considerable worry for, at least, all of us. We provide you with a silicone baking mat that is mad using BPA materials. The materials, consequently, guarantee you quality food at the end of your baking. You can, however, still use the silicon material over a dishwasher and you will not encounter any mishaps.
- Comes with a set of two silicone baking mats?
- You can use this mat in all types of ovens
- The silicone mat can withstand temperatures as high as 480 degrees.
- Sadly, this mat doesn’t have any measurement attributes
- The dull colors make the silicon mat a turn off
6. GRIDMANN Pro Silicone Baking Mat – Set of 2 Non-Stick Half Sheet
If there is a mat you needed more than any other design for your entry-level baking, then it is the Gridman pro silicone baking mat. This baking mat is a perfect supplement for the already many mats you are using in your kitchen. The silicone mat is an ideal baking tool because it can withstand temperatures as high as 480 degrees.
Most of us fear to indulge in baking more often because of the sticky pans. We understand how annoying and stressful it can be scrubbing that sticky dough and fats. However, this silicone mat ensures you do not have to worry about the rigorous cleaning process. The mats are non-sticky and can be washed in a dishwasher. During your baking, the leftovers do not stick on the pan; they freely fall off.
- The heat circulation for this mat is consistent
- They are longer lasting
- You don’t get to experience the burnt bottoms more often.
- Some of them produce an unpleasant odor when heated up
5. Silicone Pastry Mat Non-Stick Extra Thick Baking Mat
This silicone baking mat set comes with two silicone baking mats in regular sizes. There is no guesswork about their sizes- they all come in the right dimensions for your baking sheets. The fact that it is more flexible makes it a bet for secure storage. No stress, just roll it up or lay it flat in the drawers and you are good to go.
The cleaning process is the easiest you will ever find for such types of mats. With just soapy water in your hands and a soft cloth in the other, you get to remove all the leftovers and fats with a lot of ease. Interestingly for this mat, both novices and professionals in the baking field can use it without any much struggle.
- You can’t get an easy to clean mat than this
- This silicone mat assures you of healthy food
- You can use it over the microwave
- This mat tends to retain odor when you use fish
4. Silicone Baking Mats – Non-Stick Sheet Mat
We all want a baking set that can do all our cooking needs without having to look elsewhere for additional tools. This silicone mat, therefore, provides you with that option. You will be provided with a set of two silicon mats of a regular size. If you are worried about its storage, then this mat should offer you with the best storage features. No need to sweat over storage procedures. You just need to fold it up and get it into the drawer.
It can endure cooking temperatures of up to 480 degrees. It is that level of endurance that makes it suitable for baking of all kinds of ingredients. It is, without a doubt, one of the most sought for silicon making mats in the market currently.
- It is not sticky, just as all of us like these mats
- You can use it for brittle ingredients
- If you are a novice, this mat comes with a free eBook
- It can be quite a challenge cleaning them at times
3. Silicone Pastry Baking Mat
The general belief among many people is that pastry mats slip when rolling out. It could be true or not. The response to this claim, however, depends on the type of baking silicone mat you are using. We, therefore, present to you the Folksy Super Kitchen silicone mat to debunk that myth of slip-mats. These silicone mats are intentionally made in large sizes. Additionally, they are designed to have considerable friction on the back. It is that friction that enables the mat to grip the counter-top effectively.
The mat is made of food-grade silicone that makes it useful for producing non-sticky baking results. With this mat, you can easily roll out the dough, pizza, or even cookie dough without any strain. As opposed to other mats that are conventionally light, this type of mat is generally heavy and robust. Moreover, it is conveniently flat and doesn’t curl around the edges.
- It comes with high-grade silicone that ensures you achieve a non-sticky dough
- This mat is heavy and sturdy to last long
- You can easily store it
- Some customers complain this mat doesn’t roll smoothly and can be quite tricky to clean
2. Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
You need to try out this silicone mat because of how it effectively turns your pan into a non-stick surface. This type of mat is the ideal rolling mat for those annoyingly sticky ingredients. Whichever that ingredient you have wanted to bake, but you are put off by its viscous nature, try them out with this no-sticky mat.
While we already have silicon mats taking up the places of parchment papers, there are still some ingredients you can’t be done with the silicone mats. You have to use the parchments papers to roll them up. You can excuse yourself from that stress by using this silicone mat. Consequently, by using the Silpat mat, you save money.
Your Silpat products do not require fat or oil of any kind.
- You can use it on oven and freezer
- Produces non-stick products
- Made of mesh that ensures consistent heat circulation
- Some customers complain that part of the silicone melts while in oven
1. AmazonBasics Silicone Macaron Baking Mat, 2-Pack
This is one of the most important and useful types of silicone mat you will ever have. When you purchase it, you get to walk away with an additional two half-sized baking silicone mats. These mats are conventionally made for use in all types of ovens. It is also important to note that the mats have a fiberglass touch. As a result, they provide you with more suppleness and give your pan a non-stick surface.
You can be sure to find these macron versions of mats that come in either 3-pack or 4-pack at quite affordable prices. Unlike many other mats that freak at the use of metal spoons, this type of mat can handle them without severe destruction.
- The mats are of high quality
- You can use them in ovens
- They are affordable
- Dull colored
- The mat has a design that doesn’t provide measurement units
Frequently Asked Questions – Silicon Baking Mats
1. Should I reduce the size of the mats to fit some small pans?
It is not advisable. You might end up cutting the fiberglass hence weakening the whole product. Alternatively, you can combine the smaller mats for use in larger pans.
2. What will happen if I spray the mat with oil? Is there even a need for spraying?
The silicon mats are made to be no sticky, and therefore there is no need to do the spraying
3. Which is better, using a pan or directly putting it in the oven?
The reason we insist you must have a pan is that the mats aren’t very sturdy. We are not just sure how they will behave if you were to use them without a pan. Nonetheless, for the best results, kindly use a pan to put them in the oven.
4. Is it appropriate to use both sides of the mat?
Why not? You can decide to bake from any end. Whichever side you opt for, be assured of getting quality results.
5. Is it advisable to use my mat in the microwave?
Yes, we recommend you do so for better results. You simply need to put your mat directly in the center of the microwave and wait for the outcome.
We have comprehensively done the reviews of various silicone baking mats, providing you with budget offers and unique features of each of them. Now it is upon you to sample the best fit for your kitchen and make the purchase.